Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Speedy Day

Today I learned something that was a very important thing for me. When I get into private practice I will survive. I have been in a sheer panic the last year and a half about what I am going to do when I graduate. How will I ever be fast enough? How will I ever be good enough? How will I have any idea what I am doing? What will I do without an instructer to check my work? Today at the VA I had two easy patients in the morning. They were the stereotypical private practice patient. Guess what I finished them in an hour without stressing, rushing, or panicing. When did that happen? I guess I haven't ever seen people like this. Then in the afternoon I had a patient that needed everything. I took all the x-rays, did all my own charting for a brand new pt, probing, scaling, and waiting forever in line for a scale check in an hour and a half. I did this with my head in a cloud and my nose running into my mask from the cold I am getting. I can do this.

1 comment:

  1. You are amazing Lee! I knew you would get fast as lightning! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete