Thursday, November 10, 2011

File magic

Today was a pretty easy day at the VA for me. I had the most talkative V in the morning. I am going to miss having three hour apts. in private practice. I would have been sad to have to rush him out because of a time limit. It is fun to get to know the pts there. They have had such interesting lives and I really enjoyed talking to him the whole morning.
The afternoon was fun as well. My pt. was a young guy that had a wisdom tooth hole that never sealed up. He had a few 4-5mm pseudo pockets from inflammation but then right behind #18 you could actually see the hole. It was a little bizarre. It was a 9mm pocket and was the only place he had radiographic calculus. Prof. Bossenberger really helped me. I experimented with my files and graceys and then she came over and helped me modify my tech to be more effective. I love the files, they fit so much deeper and are magical. Love love love them. Also am slowly learning to appreciate the graceys more. Using an oblique stroke with the graceys on the distal of 18 was the only way I could have possibly got any of that calculus. Also I learned the big difference between aggressive root planing. Because of time constraints I did the best I could and then we scheduled him back to have it numbed and aggressively cleaned. It was a nice learning day with a yummy lunch. (Biaggios=two thumbs way up)

3 comments:

  1. Hello! I just stumbled on you blog. I'm an aspiring dh student. I'm currently doing my pre-reqs. It's really encouraging to follow someone on a similar journey! Advice is appreciated! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey good luck on everything! It is a hard program but so worth it. I love it. If you ever have any questions let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how detailed you blog is!! It makes me want to put just a little more into mine!! Yeah lunch was great that day!!!

    ReplyDelete