Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Last Day of Fall Clinic

I am finally starting to roll with the punches when a pt. cancels. Don't worry it only took me a full year of panic when calling to confirm to get to this point. There have been a couple of time when I have rolled up in a ball in the corner and made Todd start calling random people for me. So once again another pt. cancels and I had the opportunity to experience the pt. list for the first time. I feel lucky I have never had to use it before. It ended up being a great experience.
My morning started out with yet another class III pt. And I am proud to say that I finished her whole mouth plus x-rays in one apt! I didn't want her to have to wait until January to get her finished so I booked it the whole time. Still struggling with classifications but working on it.
My goal for next semester is real world application. I am going to ask my instructor to help me know what to walk the pt. out as at every apt. so that in a real dental office I know more of what I am doing. I understand the concept between the different codes but have a hard time knowing which one to use.
The afternoon last minute patient was awesome. She was a 1B and the most pleasant person ever. She let me and Brooke pass off the Velscope on her and I got a conventional pano. It was a relaxing and perfect way to end my fall clinic schedule.
Now if only we could skip all of our tests and go straight to Christmas Break....

3 comments:

  1. Class III in one appointment?! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im in agreeance with Maren, really in one appt? I need to step up my game plan!! I think your dea about the pt walk out codes sounds like a great idea...duh why havent we done this all along? Nice way to end your clinic day! Have a great x-mas break!

    ReplyDelete