Friday, October 14, 2011

Disaster Lab Day

Can I just say how happy I am to be a hygienist and that I don't have to take impressions often? The Local Anesthia lab in the morning was so fun. We got to give all 7 of the injections and are now free to give them on pts! I kindof lied to my pt. I will see next tuesday. I told him that I had no openings over a month ago until tuesday because I wanted to be able to do the injections on him. I think it will be worth it. Whitney was my partner and she was a pro. One thing I need to remember is chair positioning. It was a pretty fun morning.

The afternoon took a bit of a turn for the worse. Poor poor Whitney, bet she was regretting being my partner then. I don't have much experience with taking impressions in private practice....and it showed. I think out unit was cursed as well since it took a million tries and people to finally get them. MeChel came in and saved the day. She was having a wonderwoman impression day and was running around doing everyones that couldn't get it. I hated the impression material we had. Curse those stupid bubbles. Then when we went to pour them up mine looked pretty funny cause I had no idea what I was doing. What I learned is that when my pt. needs impressions I need to find an assistant to do it!



I gave up and MeChel the pro took over

Still smiling

Payback time


No comments:

Post a Comment