Thursday, October 6, 2011

VA CA excitement

Today was my first day as CA at the VA hospital. Wow the time goes so so much slower when you don't have a patient with you. The whole morning I charted and restocked and walked around. There was a few staggered pts which helped to keep me a little bit busier. The girls were rockin and flying through the pts. The afternoon was quite the adventure. Brooke has the most awful luck and always gets the problem patients. Her patient was, how shall I say it....not a very nice person. He came in and started yelling at her that he didn't want a student working on him. Little does he know that she is amazing and way better than any student that he would have had before. Anyway she had a little bit of a hectic morning and so this was the tipping point in an already rough day. She went and took a break and I tried to work on him. Not only was he not very nice but he was also not an easy pt. He kept telling me he was going to bite my finger off if I hurt him. It was an interesting experience and I am glad that I have been fortunate to have incredibly kind pts. most of the time.

1 comment:

  1. OMG, you didn't tell me about him saying he would bite your finger off if you hurt him. Geez!

    ReplyDelete