Thursday, April 5, 2012

Stan the Man

Only one more clinic day left!!!  I can't believe we are finally here!  Today was fun.  I saw a mom of a family that was spread throughout the clinic.  She was a runner and we ended up knowing a ton of the same people.  Needless to say we sat and talked for a majority of the time.  She even knew my sister-in-law and brother.
Then I saw her cute daughter.  I spent the whole time trying to convince her to go into dental hygiene.  I figure any teenager that flosses in between her permanent retainer that is attached to every tooth is predestined to become a hygienist.
My afternoon patient is my favorite patient of all time.  He is the sweetest guy.  We had a grand old time chit chatting and he even told me to let me know where I end up working and he will switch to that office!
I think the hardest thing about real offices is going to be the time constraints.  And not because I can't clean fast enough but because I want to chit chat with everyone for so long!

3 comments:

  1. I agree! The best part of the appointment is getting to know them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leigh I miss having you in my pod! when I think of all the good pt conversations I'm missing out on hearing I get so upset!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same way! It's hard to work sometimes when all you want to do is talk to your patient.

    ReplyDelete